Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our new blog!!

Welcome to Two Women and a Cookbook!!

Shari and I have been best friends for a couple years now and we love to cook (and bake); so much so that our significant others are less than thrilled with the size of our grocery store bills :) Since there are only two of us in each house (no kids here) we end up wasting and throwing away a lot of food! To resolve this issue, Shari and I have decided to cook together once a week and have dinner for the four of us. We will select a different cookbook each week to test and all the dishes for the meal will come from that cookbook.

After our meal, we will rate the cookbook: how easy the recipe was to interpret and recreate, were the ingredients readily available, does the food actually taste good, and were any failures due to user error or the recipe.

We both love Food Network but we have found that professional chefs make a lot of really complicated things look and sounds easy. We are here to show you whether or not that is true!

Now that we have explained our intent we want to introduce ourselves!

Shari and I met while in grad school for our MBA in Orlando and quickly realized we have a lot in common. Mainly that we are both from Houston and both enjoy cooking (and eating!).

Shari has a passion for cooking. Nothing makes her happier than cooking dinner for her husband or entertaining a group at home. With her Pakistani background and her Texas upbringing, Shari has many exciting recipes and loves her food SPICY.

I, on the other hand, love traditional basic recipes (think Lasagna and Chicken Pot Pie). If Shari is Bobby Flay, then I am Ina Garten. I grew up cooking with my Grandma and my Mom and I love to bake! Although I am not married, I have a boyfriend who loves to eat and He (Austin) and Shari's husband, Imran, will serve as our judges every week.

Neither of us claim to be excellent or professional chefs, we are just two normal women with a reasonable amount of cooking experience. And what we lack in skill, we will make up for in exuberance :)

y!

3 comments: